Send contributions to:
Send checks to 426 Broadway, Cambridge 02138
I am with the Clean Slate – three first time candidates who stand for change and for working together. The slate includes myself, Nadeem Mazen and Janneke House. Please vote all the Clean Slate candidates.
The very best way to get an idea of who I am and what I stand for is to watch the five minute video: www.tinyurl.com/Carlone-In-5
Former three-time Mayor Frank Duehay has said about my qualifications:
Top Three Priorities
2.) Create a "Neighbor Bill of Rights". Fix our laws that are supposed to protect us against abusive noise and intrusive light. These are more than quality of life issues, they are also now know to be Public Health issues.
3.) Add to our existing Code of Conduct for city officials and employees to include discrimination, retaliation, not being wholly truthful, violating procedural rules, and violating federal, state, and local laws. Changing our existing law may well prevent lawsuits like the ones that cost us over $15,000,000 (with seven more lawsuits yet to be resolved).
I designed & implemented the East Cambridge Riverfront master plan, a billion dollar development project. It had the neighborhood's full support because it:
(1) Included thirteen acres of Open Space, 1/3 of the development
(2) Preserved and restored the historic Bulfinch Courthouse
(3) Opened access back to the river that had been blocked for decades
(4) Widened Binney Street and got trucks and traffic out of the neighborhood
(5) Built the courthouse parking garage and got cars off the neighborhood streets
Other City of Cambridge Sponsored Experience
• Cambridgeport Revitalization Plan
• North Point Strategic Development Plan
• Broad Canal & Environs Strategic Development Plan
• Kendall Square & Environs Planning Strategy/Mayor's Forum
• Neville Manor Advisory Site Committee Strategy, Guidelines, & Design Review
• Public Library Location Selection & Design Strategy
• Water Department Buildings' Design Overview
• Cambridge Growth Management Initiative
• Trolley Square Affordable Housing Preliminary Study
• Special Permit Design Review for Over 50 Private Projects
Other Cambridge Experience
• Lesley University Master Plans & Architectural Implementation
• Lesley Commons Dining Hall
• MIT Faculty Club
• Charles River Reservation Opportunities Study
• Lesley Street Furniture - Gatepost, Kiosks & Bus Shelter
• Super Stop & Shop Design
• Pfizer/Hybridon Laboratory & Headquarters, 620 Mem Drive
• Porter Square Shopping Center Redevelopment Strategy
• Porter Exchange Exterior & Interior Renovations
• Harvard/Agassiz Transition Plan & Rezoning Approval
Harvard University, Master of Architecture in Urban Design, 1976.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Bachelor of Architecture, 1970.
Bachelor of Science in Building Sciences, 1969, both with Honors.
I have also taught at Harvard, BU, and Lesley Art Institute.
Please vote Carlone, House and Mazen -- the Clean Slate candidates.
|Page last updated Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:07 PM||Cambridge Candidates|